A packaged HVAC system comes with all of its components in one cabinet and is installed outside on the ground or on up on the roof. Dual fuel systems combine a heat pump with a gas furnace for effective and efficient heating through the coldest winters in Carrollton, GA.
The Basics of Dual Fuel Systems
The air conditioning component of the heat pump cools and dehumidifies your home in summer. When it gets chilly, the heat pump kicks in to provide warmth. When temperatures really dip, the furnace automatically takes over to deliver high-powered heat.
The Perks of Using Hybrid Systems
Dual fuel packaged systems offer homeowners one unit that covers all the bases. Here are some of the benefits of a hybrid heat installation over a traditional furnace and air conditioner installation:
- Hybrid heat is the most energy-efficient and cost-effective heating and cooling solution for cold weather. With dual fuel, you’re always using the most efficient heating or cooling option.
- Unlike furnaces that deliver periodic blasts of hot air, heat pumps deliver a continuous air flow. This helps to improve air circulation in your home while also increasing your level of comfort.
- Heat pumps are more energy efficient than furnaces, which generate hot air by burning fuel. Instead, they provide warmth using ambient heat from the air outside.
- Because packaged HVAC systems are housed in one cabinet and situated outside, they’re ideal for homes that are short on space.
- Dual fuel systems have options for air filtration and humidity control.
- With dual fuel systems, you can set the switch-over point from the heat pump to the furnace at any temperature you like. This allows you to precisely control the efficiency of your system. It also helps you to create optimal comfort conditions in your home.
If you’re considering a heater and air conditioner installation in your Carrollton, GA home, the experts at Merrell & Associates offer a variety of packaged HVAC systems. Give us a call at (770) 872-4171 to learn more.