Ductless AC are an efficient indoor comfort solution for the hot and humid Carrollton, GA, summers. The mini-split ductless systems we sell and install at Merrell & Associates are very versatile and can be used to cool just one room or an entire building. Ductless cooling systems are a great way to add air conditioning to a room addition, sunroom, upstairs bedroom, remodeled garage or any other indoor space where there is no existing ductwork. Ductless air conditioners are also an energy-efficient alternative to other types of cooling systems.
Advantages of Ductless AC Installation
Because they’re so efficient, ductless air conditioners can dramatically reduce your annual air conditioning costs. Ductless systems can be used in residential or commercial settings and consist of one outdoor unit and up to four indoor units. By positioning the indoor units in different areas, you can create separate cooling zones in your home or business that can each be set to maintain a different indoor temperature. When you have separate zones, you can cool only the rooms you use without having to cool the entire indoor space. There are other benefits in using mini-split ductless air conditioners:
- Easy installation – Unlike central cooling systems, ductless air conditioners can usually be installed in just one day.
- No need for ductwork – With ductless AC, you don’t have the hassle of installing or maintaining air ducts. All that is required is a small hole in the wall through which a refrigerant line can pass.
- Quiet operation – Ductless air conditioners are as quiet as ceiling fans.
- Controlled cooling – Each indoor unit comes with its own remote control, programmable thermostat. You can control the temperature in each zone from any location.
- Cleaner indoor air – Ductless mini-splits come fitted with anti-allergen filters that trap more airborne contaminants than other air conditioner filters.
- Better humidity control – Ductless AC systems remove more humidity from indoor air than other types of air conditioners. This, in turn, can further reduce energy costs.
- Energy-efficient incentives – energy-efficient ductless air conditioners qualify for federal tax rebates, utility company discounts, and other incentives.
- Space-saving design – The indoor air handlers are small, sleek, and easy to mount on walls or ceilings.
- No loss of cooled air – Up to 30 percent of cooled air can be lost through leaky ducts. Because mini-splits are ductless, you won’t pay for cooled air that escapes through cracks and holes.
Mini-Split Air Conditioning Repair
The NATE-certified technicians at Merrell & Associates are fully qualified to install and repair mini-splits. Schedule Carrollton, GA, ductless AC repair online at your convenience, or call us for 24/7 emergency service.
Ductless AC Maintenance
As with all HVAC systems, ductless mini-splits should receive annual system maintenance. Be sure to clean the air filter every three months. In fact, the system will inform you when the filter needs cleaning. To protect your ductless system and keep it in top notch operating condition, call Merrell & Associates to schedule preventative maintenance every spring.