Ductless mini-split heat pumps were designed to offer efficient cooling and heating to rooms and buildings with no ductwork or with space restrictions. Ductless systems are low-profile units that offer accommodating designs and minimal intrusiveness to the home structure. With so many advantages to offer, keep reading to see if a ductless mini-split heat pump would serve your Newnan or Villa Rica home’s needs.
An experienced and certified HVAC technician can generally install a ductless mini-split system in a single day.
- The small cabinet containing the compressor and condensing coil is located outside the home. It’s typically mounted on a concrete pad next to the home.
- The power cable, refrigerant lines and condensate drainage tubing are housed inside a thin piping system.
- The piping system only needs a three- to four-inch hole to connect to the indoor air-handling unit (AHU).
The AHU offers many options for mounting to accommodate practically any interior design plans or existing space.
- The universal mounting option is the most common. The AHU is mounted to the surface of a wall, ceiling or floor. Another small hole, which is concealed, is needed to connect the piping.
- Recessed cassette installation partially locates the AHU into the wall or ceiling.
- A concealed installation is possible by concealing the AHU inside the cavity of the wall, ceiling or floor if space permits. A short duct run is attached, and the only visible parts from the room are the air registers.
Efficient Zoned Temperature Control
Another great benefit of going ductless is zoned temperature control. The zone that the ductless system is installed in, whether it’s one room or small area, is cooled and heated independently of other zones in the home. This gives complete control of comfort in the ductless zone. Moreover, you may select a ductless system that can connect to four or more indoor AHUs with one outdoor unit. This gives you the flexibility to expand cooling and heating into other zones if desired.
Learn more about Merrell & Associates’ ductless mini-split heat pump options or contact us today at (770) 872-4171 to set up an appointment with one of our HVAC professionals.